cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ronven
Adept I

Clean new PC, can't install windows 11 pro GPU (RX6750XT)

Hello problems here.

New system:
Asrock A620 pro RS board with WiFi
Asrock AMD RX 6750 XT GPU
32 GB DDR 5 5600 memory
2TB SSD from Samsung
Ryzen 7 7800X3D processor

After install all the pc starts up. I can get in BIOS but I change nothing. Only I say at startup to start install from USB.
On USB is a clean Windows 11 pro and yes I have a key.
The pc start up some times and I can see te questions from windows etc. After te question to give te pc a name there is a restart. (most install is done I think)
Then Windows 11 pro ask to type in my Microsoft account. 
At that time (sometimes before and sometimes some moment after) the GPU shuts down (I think). The GPU stops cooling (fans stops turning) and a black screen. 
Keyboard gets power what I can see but all buttons or the mouse nothing helps. The motherboard looks like still running. 
After a reset, or the same happens or a blue screen with a error message problem in boot file; system wil restart. This wil be returnig back and back again. I only can stop to shut down the pc.
I also remove the SSD and setup with an other device with SATA. Exact the same happens.
Somebody any idea. Thanks for any respons. 

1 Solution
ronven
Adept I

Finally I found the solution. After trying most things, other GPU and ..... I found it. 

The motherboard and or Bios has to be reset. I did take out the GPU (RX 6750 XT). 
Reset the BIOS to factory settings.
Startup the PC and after 3-5 minutes shut down.
Take all memory out, startup the PC and after 3-5 minutes shut down.
Reinstall all hardware and install Wind 11 Pro to a clean SSD. 
And yes after a few tense minutes all went well. Windows is running and I can install all.
Thanks all for your help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

A couple of options I can think of to narrow down the issue:

1. If you have a separate different GPU (any old ones) then try changing to that and see if Windows 11 starts up normally in this kind of system (to determine whether the source of the problem is your new GPU);
2. Try installing a different OS (even without the activation, just to see if it works and not the source of the problem).

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes
ronven
Adept I

Hello ScornfulWizard, thanks for the respons. I hope to find an old GPU and yes I try that one. I don't have one so I am looking for one. 
I also use a Windows 10 Pro USB to install an exactly the same result at the same time. 

0 Likes

In this case, the problem might be in the GPU. Another option: if you have a friend/relative with a PC you can ask for help - ask them to insert your GPU into their PC and see if any issues appear.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes
ronven
Adept I

In your opinion all parts should be working with each other? I read 1 or 2 items with problems with the RX6750XT. But no solutions.

0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

The CPU has its own graphics card just remove the GPU and run it like a APU , connect the monitor to the motherboard and try that way. easier then trying to find someone elses GPU

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
ronven
Adept I

He yurikokolev, thanks. I tried that. But in the BIOS book it says 'Integrated AMD RDNA 2 graphics'. But than it mentioned 'Actual support may very buy CPU'. And yes that's the case. I can't see anything when using that GPU (on board). Nothing happens. Off course the RX6750XT was removed. 

0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

sorry i couldn't help.it should have worked , probably , you would have to try and source a second graphics card then, i wish i could help you more but unless you live near me i cannot 

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
ronven
Adept I

Finally I found the solution. After trying most things, other GPU and ..... I found it. 

The motherboard and or Bios has to be reset. I did take out the GPU (RX 6750 XT). 
Reset the BIOS to factory settings.
Startup the PC and after 3-5 minutes shut down.
Take all memory out, startup the PC and after 3-5 minutes shut down.
Reinstall all hardware and install Wind 11 Pro to a clean SSD. 
And yes after a few tense minutes all went well. Windows is running and I can install all.
Thanks all for your help.