cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

daffyy
Journeyman III

Card shows no sign

I have a question or rather a problem, I bought Sapphire Radeon RX 7700 XT PULSE 12GB and I have a problem with booting my computer, when the card is inserted the computer boots but the card does not respond, for a while sometimes it tries to spin up the fans but after quickly it stops. And now the question is whether the problem is in the motherboard or the power supply is failing? I was inserting a very old card because currently I don't have another newer one and it worked normally only with this new one I have a problem ;/. The new card was checked at a friend's house and it works and the fans spin up when the computer is turned on, previously I had an XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra 8GB (burned). so I bought a power supply like the one from a friend whose new card worked, but I still have the problem... from what I can see both cards in the specifications have similar TDP. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I need a relatively quick solution to this problem.

Mu motherboard (latest bios)

asus.com/us/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-b450m-a-ii/

0 Likes
1 Reply

What is the new psu (your 5700 needed 600, the 7700 needs 750W), are you connecting 2 seperate pcie cables from psu to graphics card (not 1 into 2 split).

Did you use DDU to remove all traces of the old 5700 driver and freash install the new card driver. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes