cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mrt32
Journeyman III

Can't switch between graphics cards

My computer has two video cards. But I can't use my high-performance graphics card.

sc1.pngsc2.pngsc3.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

Why can't you use it? Please give me more details.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes

I don't know. Radeon R5 or GPU1 is running while playing games or using performance-demanding applications. Radeon R7 M440 ie not seeing GPU2. I shared the photos. I can't designate R7 as high performance GPU. When I disable R5, applications open with R7, but the computer does not work properly.

0 Likes
querulant
Journeyman III

Hi!
I have the exact same issue here: 7800x3d with integrated graphics, 6950xt for high performance. The display is only connected to the mainboard (USB-C with displayport). Manually assigning 6950xt does not work, the integrated GPU is listed as both power saving and high performance GPU. Only 3Dmark manages to run correctly right out of the box. None of all the games I tried so far run on the right GPU. Usually I get a black screen and Adrenalin sometimes crashes, game processes (especially in combination with steam/gog/epic) sometimes are "unkillable" and I am forced to reboot (or at the very least sign out).
Made sure that ReBAR/SAM and the decoder are enabled in the BIOS. Uninstalling AMD drivers using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling did not help. Found a bunch of old articles but all the settings mentioned in them are no longer in Adrenalin.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 112332.png

Directly connecting the 6950xt GPU to the display would work, but that is not what I am after.

0 Likes
querulant
Journeyman III

Update: Managed to run Grim Dawn on the right GPU, but only in windowed mode. If I try to run it fullscreen it is like with any other game: blackscreen, but mouse has game theme. Sole exception is 3dmark (time spy).
Adrenalin crashes from time to time when switching VLC to or back from fullscreen. Also crashed one time when switching between games in steam library menu - so basically doing almost nothing.

0 Likes