cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

7900XTXnightmare
Journeyman III

Call of Duty : DMZ / Warzone ( season 3 )

Hi all, 

I'm having this weird issue crash issue in DMZ since season 3 started...

Every time I finish an online match, when the XP progression and match statistics  info should appear, my display goes black, and eventually the whole system is frozen. ( similar issue in Warzone mode ). I have tried with and without freesync and/or adaptive sync, resetted factory settings, resetting shader cache ... no help, my pc is freezing all the time right after an online match.

1 )  "normal freezes and crashes" usually happened in a recognizable pattern :

- ingame freeze ( looked like a big motion blur, screen went black )

- Corsair AIO display showed the basic liquid temp screen instead of the info I set Corsair Icue to show on the LCD ... ( indication that Icue process crashed too in the background )

- I was still able to hear my team members in Discord, num lock on keyboard still reacting ( so PC not frozen completely ), but no key combination allowed me to return to Windows 11.

- No driver reset nor AMD crash detection.

- Eventually my system ended up freezing completely. The only way forward was a reset. 

2 ) now since Season 3 started a couple of days ago, the games causes a black screen after every online match. ( the moment XP progression and match statistics should show up )

- just before my screen goes black and my PC is frozen, I do see fragments of the last couple of frames from the game, a couple of milliseconds I'm seeing part of the screens I should normally get right after, but then I get the black screen. I'm not even getting any response from Discord anymore since this type of crash. It's an almost instant freeze of my pc.

I've experienced several crashes/freezes in COD since I bought the game when it was launched, first I owned a Red Devil 6950XT. End of the first season I upgraded to a Red Devil 7900XTX, I've been able to play season 2 with an occasional freeze ( like once or twice/ evening, but now, season 3 in combination with the latest driver 23.4.1, it is a total disaster.

It has become very repeatable :'(

I reported the last 3 crashed via the drivers after a reboot.

My specs : 

HW : 

Ryzen 5900x

Gigabyte Aorus master 570x motherboard

32 GB Gskill DDR4 3600 CL14 14 14 34 48 

Powercolor Red Devil 7900XTX 

Lian li Lancool 3 case, 6x 140mm Corsair case fans, 3x 120mm case fans

Corsair 480mm AIO with LCD

2 Crucial SSD's, OS & Data

1 Nvme Corsair drive ( heavy IO games )

Corsair RM 850x PSU

Alienware 38" gsync ultimate monitor : 3840*1600 @ 120( 10 bit ) or 144 Hz ( 8 bit )

SW : 

Windows 11 home

Steam running

Discord running

Razer software for mouse and speakers running

Steel series Sonar running for headset

Corsair Icue running for all fans and AIO

AVG free running in Do no Disturb mode

No overclocks ! Only custom fan curves based on GPU hotspot temp in Icue, and custom ( higher ) fan speed via Adrenalin drivers for the Red Devil.

Same issue even when Icue, Razer or Steel series software isn't running in the taskbar.

0 Likes
0 Replies