cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sayedadly
Newcomer

Buying a 5600xt

Hello guys so im new to building pc and stuff, atm i have Ryzen 5 5600g and i got 2 options for GPU, 1660 super and rx 5600xt i searched about both 1660 super required 450w PSU and rx 5600xt pages say 450w other pages say 550w and i only got 500w Xigmatex PSU and i dont have money to upgrade it atm either i get the GPU or upgrade my PSU so any recommendations 

Btw this is my PC Specs : 

Gigabyte B450m S2H motherboard 

2x8 Patriot 3200MHZ CL16

SSD 128 SATA

Asus Tuf Gaming 23.8inch 180HZ 

0 Likes
3 Replies
franka
Adept I

While it's always best to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, it's important to note that different board partners may have varying power requirements for both Nvidia and AMD cards. In my view, most of the time these recommendations refer to peak usage, which doesn't usually occur all the time. However, if you plan to push the cards to maximum frame rates, I recommend not only adhering to the requirements but also ensuring you have some headroom.

Its just confusing me and im afraid to get anyone of them that my Motherboard or the PSU gonna work with and i cant get a 100% information that say how much of PSU W i need to to be in safe area using any one this GPUs

0 Likes

Both the reference 1660 Super and the RX 5600 XT use a single 8-pin PCIe power connector that can supply 150W plus another 75W via the slot, and when coupled with your Ryzen 5600G means you have a potential power draw of up to 300W. Any decent 500W power supply should be sufficient.

As @franka states however, some card manufacturers may offer overclocked versions of their cards and some may even have dual 8-pin power connectors which could draw more. In that case you want to follow the recommendation of that particular manufacturer for that specific card.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT