cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Building on AM5

I am putting together a build with an R5 7600 this weekend. Without overclocking are there any BIOS settings I should enable or disable that are outside of just setting it up for Windows 11? Are there any things I should do on AM5 to make sure it utilizes the dedicated GPU instead of the iGPU? I know I will need to enable EXPO, disable CSM, and enable TPM and secure boot. Is there anything I may be overlooking?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

If Your EXPO gets unstable, disable MCR (memory context restore), causes a longer boot but it will train the memory every time.

If you want faster boot times, Enable it but some people reports BSODs.

Memory Power Down may help while MCR is enabled.

The Englishman
0 Likes
SpitfireXXL
Adept I

u do it JUST THE SAME as me...wait I have a note I written down some....

RAM: 1.35V PMIC: On ... 

and for Manual not PBO enhanced I do 165, 145 and 125

C/O (if u should overclock) do: -10

SOC OC: Enabled or just manual 1.25V or 1.3(max)

HDD: Capability (I noticed it runs bad in X2 ACPI mode)

iGPU: 1880 , I use ryzen 5 7600 it did this automatically as I manually put it on...You did it mostly PERFECT, how's sound on Motherboard, mine has to "linear" be put, meaning one setting Enables leaving the other to "Auto"

ram kit Kingston HyperX 4800 and be ready for 8600G and AI iGPU and add ALOT of RAM

0 Likes