Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bug Report: GPU Clock Issue in AMD RX 6000 Series

Report Details:

• GPU Model: AMD RX 6600
  • Driver Version: 24.5.1
  • Affected Games: Valorant, CS2, League of Legends

Problem Description:

My AMD RX 6600 graphics card is experiencing performance issues in games that have low GPU usage, specifically in Valorant, CS2, and League of Legends. The GPU clock remains extremely low during these games, causing FPS drops and stuttering.

Behavior Details:

• The GPU clock stays very low, similar to when browsing the internet or watching a video, even during gameplay.
  • When I set the game graphics to high, the GPU clock increases appropriately. However, in competitive games, users generally prioritize maximum FPS, which requires low graphic settings.
  • When setting the graphics to low, the GPU interprets that it is not under heavy load and lowers the clock, causing stuttering and extremely low FPS, which is inadequate for the GPU’s expected performance level.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1. Run any of the mentioned games (Valorant, CS2, League of Legends).
  2. Set the game’s graphic options to low.
  3. Observe the GPU clock behavior and monitor performance (FPS and stuttering).

Actions Taken to Mitigate:

• Ran the games in full-screen mode.
  • Set the games to high performance in Windows power settings.
  • Ran only the game with all other programs closed.
  • Changed the minimum clock settings in the AMD Adrenaline software.
  • Performed a clean installation of Windows.

Additional Observations:

• After various mitigation attempts, including suggestions from Reddit and the AMD Community, none were successful. Other users also reported being unable to resolve the issue.
  • I believe this is a problem related to the driver or firmware of the RX 6000 series GPUs.

Request:

I kindly ask the AMD team to investigate this issue urgently, as it significantly affects the gaming experience in popular competitive titles. Thank you in advance for your attention, and I look forward to a solution.

0 Replies