Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

davidhen
Journeyman III

Black screen requiring reboot, Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT Windforce OC 6GB (Factory Settings)

CPU: 3.40 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core

Motherboard:

• Board: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd B450-A PRO (MS-7B86) 2.0
  • Serial Number: J116600615
  • Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
  • UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. A.C0 11/08/2019

RAM: 2x 8192MB in slots 2 and 4.

PSU: Super Flower Leadex III Pro ARGB 650W Power Supply

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1909 (build 18363.1198)

GPU Drivers: 20.91

Background Applications: Discord, Steam, Chrome, Blitz, GHUB, ShareX, Radeon Software, Battlenet.

Description of Original Problem: Screen turns off when playing games, primarily World of Warcraft (Retail). Requires restart or holding power button.

Troubleshooting:
Computer details provided are what is currently in MY computer.

The card was initially in a brand new computer I built for my GF.

After she experienced similar crashes, albeit with a green screen then computer would turn off, I swapped out the PSU, problem persisted.

I have tried my GPU (R9 290X) and my PSU (Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W) in her computer and that worked fine, no issues. I have tried variations of both in my computer and hers. The problem only happens when the 5600 XT is in either computer.

I have tried fresh driver installs using DDU in both computers and also tried older drivers with no luck. I have also tried to update the chipset on my motherboard, but am not 100% sure if that correctly updated (It is not something I have much experience with.)

I have not had any real issue with the card for a while, maybe once with League of Legends, but I have recently started playing World of Warcraft more due to imminent release of Shadowlands and it has been 'crashing' at least once a day. I have tried to keep track of temperatures and usage to see if it was 'crashing' with a specific trigger but I have had no luck so far.

Cheers.

0 Likes
0 Replies