cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kanar6
Journeyman III

Black screen, flickering, and visual crashing

I have and RX 580 8 gig card and I am currently using the 30.0.13025.5005 driver from Oct. 5 2021. I have been having issues for a while now where in game, the screen will flicker every hour or so. To clarify, about every hour or so the screen will turn off, I can still hear game sounds and discord sounds, but no visual. then it comes back up after a few seconds and is fine for another hour. This only happens in certain games. From what I have found, it happens in Steam and Gaijin games, but not uplay. There are also games that upon launching will crash the visuals of the pc. The screen will flicker, the mouse will not be responsive and will be in a paused state and then move in-between flickers, and the way to get it to stop is very inconsistent. Sometimes, it requires a full restart. Other times, you can tab out, hit crl+alt+delete like you're going to open task manager, and tab in to another app and the visuals will return, however tabbing into the game with issues will return the visuals to the same buggy mess as before. Other times, if I open up adrenaline Radeon overlay, and the exit, the game will run just fine. Similar results occur when exiting games, via alt f4 or games built in exit. When exiting games, (as far as I've tested) it always requires a full restart. I also found, however, that when I turn off my monitor, and unplug its power for a minute, then plug it back in and turn it back on, the problem is fixed. I don't understand how or why, but it somehow works. GPU is NOT overclocked, 300 MHz clock speed, 2000 MHz VRAM clock speed, using a 144Hz acer monitor at 120Hz currently. I have a TV that I usually have plugged in to my PC as well (with a very different resolution) but as of late it's not been plugged in due to all these issues. 

I also have repaired windows, (via chkdsk /R, sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, sfc /scannow) which worked temporarily until I accidentally installed new drivers after trying to reinstall Radeon Adrenalin. I have also tried new drivers, old drivers, with and without DDU. (and with the Radeon factory reset option).

Any ideas?

5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

I'm using Adrenalin 22.1.1 with my RX 580 and have zero issues, try this version..

I am also using Display Port, try that if you are using HDMI now..

My monitor is 165mhz and I have no problems with Display Port at this resolution..

What temp is your 580 during play?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

I saw you mention the games being Steam Games.

I've run into similar issues with 4 different builds and several different GPU's while playing games on their platform.

The only way I found to fix this issue was to delete the Steam Download Cache restart that my PC and follow up with a validate integrity of game files for all affected games.

This was a very rare problem with Windows XP and 7 for me. Once Windows 10 came along the problem with Steam Games slowly grew worse and for the past 2 years I have had to do a Steam Download Cache purge about every 2 to 3 months which usually follows game and/or Steam Client updates.

0 Likes

so i did solve the problem just a few days ago, but it was a tad weird. all I had to do was switch to DP instead of HDMI. In order to get DP to work I had to hard reset the monitor about 4 times, but after that it works every time with no difficulties. No in game crashing, and now black screens.

0 Likes

As I said, DP instead of HDMI..

So my solution worked..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Don't give up. I'm a new user of AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G. They will have to answer our questions

0 Likes