cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

brakespear
Adept II

Baldurs Gate 3 Black Screening

Having had issues with a previous Sapphire Pulse 7600 graphics card, which ended up being RMA'd as it kept black screening under load, I have a new card of the same type installed, which has been behaving with Resident Evils 3 & 4 (which were the games causing the black screens previously).

Baldur's Gate 3 has come out of Early Access today (bought the game three years and played for about a year and a half on a RX580 with no issues) so installed the full game but the game black screens at character creation every time so far. Audio continues but the graphics driver never recovers and the PC needs rebooting to resolve.

Have tried both Vulkan and DX11, and tried both High and Mid levels of graphics, borderless window with resolution set to 2K (native is 4k for my monitor).

Rest of PC:

Driver: 23.7.2

Mobo: B550 Aorus Elite AX V2

RAM: 16GB

Game installed on SSD

W11

edit: managed to get past character creation and in game by setting windowed mode and low graphics but it is hardly ideal. will play with settings to see how far it can be pushed.

edit 2: so far I can run the game in 2K windowed mode with everything set to low except models set to high, so at least a small part of it looks OK.

0 Likes
0 Replies