cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kekenny
Journeyman III

bad anti aliasing and shimmering edges in every single game

Hey, i've been noticing a really poor anti aliasing in the past few months in every game i play. Probably it was here before but i didn't really notice since i was playing the games in lower settings and was expecting that, but I replaced every part but the gpu and now i notice this issue in every single game i play. I already tried to resinstall my gpu drivers with ddu, reinserted my gpu, tried a different hdmi cable and monitor and nothing solved it.
My pc specs are:
R5 5600X
RX6600XT

ram 32gb 
https://imgur.com/a/9nNwy3j

0 Likes
5 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Cyberpunk 2077 looks like that when FSR is enabled. It's pretty bad in my experience. Elden Ring didn't look like that when I played earlier. I will see if there is ghosting on my end. What resolution are you playing at? Are you using RSR? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Those cyberpunk screenshots were taken with fsr off, and im playimg in 1080p and im not using rsr

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I see it too. I think it is just the way the game renders. It's dithering. No option to turn it off either. I know it happens with hair in many other games too. Assassins Creed Valhalla had this same dithering effect on hair.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

but it happens in everygame and i see screeenshots and footage with the same gpu and that doesn't happen

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The ghosting effect is because many games use TAA which can cause ghosting.

0 Likes