CPU: RYZEN 5 5600G

Motherboard: ASROCK B550M Pro4

BIOS Version: 2.50

RAM: G Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (8x2) 3600Mhz

PSU: Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 750W 80+ Gold

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 22621.1194

GPU Drivers: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.1

Chipset Drivers: AMD B550 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 4.11.15.342

I have issues with audio crackles on every application I use. When I play videos with subtitles, the audio crackles so bad. Also every loading section of a game, the audio crackles. I did DDU, AMD GPU uninstaller, different GPU drivers from 2020 up to now. Re-seating GPU. Default RAM speed (non-XMP). Changes voltages on bios. All BIOS settings at default. I already updated to newest bios with AGESA 1.2.0.7. Disabled fTPM.

The only temporary fix that works properly is being in PCIE 3.0 x8 but it limits the capability of the RX 6700XT. No more audio crackles. Any Ryzen Cezzane users having the same problems that fixed it? I already read some reddit threads about the same issue with 5600g/5700g users with dGPUs.

0 Likes
2 Replies
VincentB
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. 5600G, RX 6700XT and MSI 550 Pro MB. Spent hours on that... It would make the internal sound card pop and crack and if I used my external sound card, I would get a BSOD after login. Initially thought it was the external sound card's "older" drivers and bought a new expensive one for nothing. 

When I used the integrated graphics (removed the 6700XT), everything was fine.

Only solution I found is also PCIe x8 for the GPU. I thought my chip had a hardware problem but I saw multiple posts with the same problem. Maybe we all got bad a bad CPU...

Did you ask AMD? I want to try a RMA but I don't know if I'm not gonna get the same problem with a new CPU (would make me lose even more time on this).

0 Likes
sw1ft
Adept I

I had the same problem and VincentB pointed me to the same solution. I had to move my GPU to the second PCIe x16 slot to get it to run at x8. Haven't noticed a significant decrease in performance, so this will do for me until I'm able to upgrade my CPU.

0 Likes