cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ferox
Adept I

Asrock 6950 XT constant crashing

As the title says, GPU keeps crashing under load. It initially started while playing Tarkov, was 40 minutes into a round and my computer shut down. Started back up and started playing again but it crashed not long after. I used hwinfo64 to check temps. The hot spot temps were getting pretty high before it would crash - 90C + so I installed new thermal paste. The temps are fine now but the issue remains. Here's a list of what has been done to test and resolve this issue : 

Used DDU in safe mode to clean drivers - Tried several different versions including driver only.

Turned off XMP, tried 1 ram stick at a time thinking maybe it was a memory issue.

Turned off Sam in Adrenaline and in bios

Made sure bios, drivers, chipset drivers etc. were all up to date.

Undervolted card

Tested at default settings, with and without a fan profile. Tested with default, -10%, +20% power limit. 

Tested card in another pc with a new 1200W Rog Thor PSU (3 individual 8 pin cables are run, no daisy chain on either PC)

The card will pass the Adrenaline stress test. It will also pass an OCCT Rendering and Memory Test but it wont make it through a timespy run. It will crash loading into Uncharted or any other game that I try to play. At this point I'm at a loss. I also have an Asrock 6800XT, same model, same cooler, etc. It runs fine in both computers. My old Vega64 also runs fine in both PC's. Unfortunately, Asrock refuses to RMA the GPU because the warranty seal was broken. (Even though the FTC says these stickers can't be used for denying a warranty and its only a 5 month old GPU)

0 Likes
0 Replies