cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Eloelo88
Journeyman III

amdkmpfd.sys error while shutdown

Hello, im installed dev version of Windows 11 on my laptop. There's everything okay, but amdkmpfd.sys of my Radeon r5 m230 series graphics ,while shutdown, it shows amdkmpfd.sys error. When I installed the system, I rummaged around in the drivers to keep them up-to-date as possible. The first time amdkmpfd.sys only popped up on waking my laptop from sleep. When I reinstalled the amd drivers again, now this error only pops up when I shut down my laptop.
Please help.
Laptop Specs:

Eloelo88_0-1625860176448.png

0 Likes
2 Replies

Use the driver supplied with the Win11 install and report any issues to the feedback hub. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
tom76
Journeyman III

I have been having the same issue but my BSOD happened when booting up? It would display Driver-IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL And then would display amdkmpfd.sys failed to start ?

So played around with the settings and found that if you go to Device Manager then click the Display icon to open the file and then disable the intel box it then stops the BSOD and works fine .  

Hope this helps

0 Likes