Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

trixnaku18
Adept I

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.9.2 issue

Good day!

I just wanted to report my experience in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.9.2 because I already updated my drivers and after that, I tried to open the AMD software and it doesn't open. 

Second experience was the resolution of my extended 27inch monitor only got 1920x1080 max, but it was running in 3840 x 2160 before I install the update.

The issue was started to emerge when I install the latest drivers, even though I re-install the drivers or rollback to my previous drivers, it doesn't fix the issue. 

Please reply, this is urgent matter. Thank you!

7 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

A lot of people seem to be reporting issues with this driver release. Try downloading them again as AMD has pulled one version that "had issues". The current and "assumed fixed" drivers should be up now. If the filesize is in the 650MB range then they are the correct driver. 

Before re-installing again, use AMD own drivercleanup utility or DDU from Guru3D. I've used both in the past and they both have done a good job, well, for me at least.  Others milage may vary. 

Once you have run either of those tools, re-install the drivers. Fingers crossed you'll be up and running again. 

Alternatively, unless you absolutely need the 23,9,2 release, install 23.9.1 and wait until things settle down with the 23.9.2 release. I'm only using 23.9.2 because of the BG3 fix. 

Best of luck

Craig

trixnaku18
Adept I

Thanks Craig, but may I ask where I could get the 23.9.1 version? AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500U Drivers & Support only shows the recent drivers which is 23.9.2

After 24hrs, when I open the AMD Adrenaline software, it would open for 1 second and then. gone. Like something is forcing the software to force exit.

cwiggles
Elite

If you go to the driver download page and go to the very bottom there should be a link to take you previous driver releases.  The link below will take you there. Same applies to other AMD graphic card driver pages, they all have (as far as I know) a link towards the bottom that will take you previous driver releases. 

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500U Previous Drivers | AMD

Best of luck

Craig

0 Likes
Darmach
Adept I

23.9.2 for me causes weird, intermittent web/video freeze issues. Reinstalled few times, along with reinstalled chrome browser, used DDU, used 23.9.1>23.9.2 upgrade path and DDU+clean install. In any of the cases above, while interacting with playing video (a demanding one) at some point system appears to hang - actually it just lags terribly, hitting ctrl+alt+del works after few minutes, and task manager is perfectly responsive - unless you decide to click back on the vide viewport that is.

Went back to 23.9.1 and no issues for 24 hours.

I just roll back to 23.9.1 and my resolution went back to normal. But I encountered a new issue;

My xbox360 controller USB couldn't recognize by windows. I tried different solutions posted on the internet/YouTube but none of them worked.

Hopefully they will fix this issue on the next drivers update.

vampy69
Journeyman III

its a true issue not launching 23.9.2 so i reverted back to 23.8.1 which i found the installer through google it's the amd software not us

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing topic on this, please use that to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenalin-wont-start/td-p/632786

0 Likes