cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

AMD Ryzen 5 5500u iGPU Problem

Hello everyone!

After latest Windows 11 update I have Problems starting a game through Steam so I checked what could cause a Problem and so on.

I looked to AMD Software Adrenaline and noticed that  my APU has  only 512 MB and Speed of 1333Mb.  My laptop has 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB) so it could be much better. 

I just installed fresh the newest drivers with Adrenalin 23.9.2.

Can I do anything about it?

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
attaeht
Journeyman III

Hey, unfortunately if the option to change your VRAM is not available in the iGPU settings in BIOS, there are very little ways to change the VRAM, especially on a laptop.

A common solution completed by many is using a tool called "Smokeless_UMAF", which lets you access many features hidden by the default BIOS simply by booting from a USB. Although I cannot post a tutorial here, there are many videos online, even for this specific chip.

NOTE: This method is not approved by AMD or BIOS manufacturers so the tool must be used at your own risk.

0 Likes

If in your Laptop BIOS that specific setting is missing to increase or decrease the vRAM amount than there is not much you can do except wait for the Laptop Manufacturer to come out with a new BIOS version that includes adding more vRAM to your IGPU.

Windows apps or Windows itself can't add more vRAM to your IGPU.

Besides, Windows will automatically assign whatever amount of System RAM your IGPU needs to run an App or game but once the App or game is terminated the assigned vRAM is allocated back to System RAM again.

0 Likes