cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

XiDiA
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics and AMD Radeon R7 M260 (R7 missing)

Hello! i got some problems with my HP HP Pavilion 15-p085no (ENERGY STAR). It says i got 2 graphic cards,  AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics and AMD Radeon R7 M260, Right now i do not afford new things so trying to run OBS studio and Cubase 13, but the pc start to freeze. So i know R7 is better then R5, In windows 10 64x we can decide what graphic card to use for specefic programs. but here i can only find R5.. PLZ need some help. I did download AMD Radeon software and it is updated.

5.PNG7.PNG12.PNGCapture.PNGAAA.PNGs.PNGttttt.PNG

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

According to HP that laptop shipped with Windows 8. If you upgraded it to Windows 10 and drivers from AMD the switchable graphics may no longer function correctly.

Given that there is only 6GB of system memory and the integrated R5 Graphics is using 1GB you may want to disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS to free up the memory and make the better performing R7 M260 the only graphics in use.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

Thank you, and also i did read about the graphic yesterday, did uninstall amd radeon software and installed it from hp website for this pc, the Cataclysm, now i can select card, I did try windows 8.1 as it did say on the bios but yea, unsuported to alot of things i need xd, did try Linux softwares, good pref but unsuported to things i need,  Well the BIOS settings? inside there i cant do much, its no settings for graphics. thank you again!