cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

natbaj
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 6800 (HDMI, 3 DVI version) and connecting thunderbolt docking station to it

Hi AMD community, I try to solve out what do I need for the full two days and going slightly crazy

I have a classic situation - want to connect a docking station with USB-C thunderbolt onto my desktop. While it's a common thing people want to do, to be able to switch between laptop and desktop by with only one cable, I still miss some information so didn't conclude much unfortunately.

So, I have AMD Radeon RX 6800 on my desktop with one HDMI and three DVI ports (seemingly newer ones have USBC support for thunderbolt)

I read a bit about DisplayPort Alternative mode and seemingly my card supports it but I'm not even sure since I can't figure out the exact version - please can you confirm or deny.

In that case I guess a simple thunderbolt to DVI connector would work, so I plug DVI extension in my GPU. Before I buy one of course I'd like to check with you here will it work?

Well, if not, I'll need to buy some other hardware for my PC desktop, please let me know what exactly.

Thank you very much in advance

0 Likes
0 Replies