Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DiesOsse
Adept I

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Fan makes really annoying noise

Hey,

my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT has a problem since quite a while, the middle of the 3 fans makes this really annoying noise when spinning, I would just replace it but can't find replacement fans to buy anywhere, local stores also don't wanna help, I pretty much have no clue what to do, any help on how to fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

There are YouTube videos that shows how you can re-apply lubricant to a noisy fan to make it run quieter. Unless the Fan's bearings are shot. Then you need to replace the fan.

What is the Make & Model of your RX5700XT?

For instance, Sapphire has replacement fans for that model at this GPU Parts website: https://www.gpufanreplacement.com/products/sapphire-rx-5700-xt-nitro-fan-replacement

That link I posted  has many types of GPU fan replacements from different GPU Manufacturers. See if they have one for your GPU card.

If they do google that part number and see if they sell it anywhere else like Amazon or Newegg.

NOTE: If your GPU Card is still under Warranty I am sure they will send you a new Fan or Fan assembly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello,

Have you explored and tested any of the features in the Radeon Adrenalin software? There are some pretty good visual tutorials (videos) that can be found online.

Case and case fans are an important factor as they keep the interior of a case cool. Cooling parts themselves does no good if the heat itself has no where to go. Steve Burke from Gamers Nexus has an amusing, but very true video where a case has twelve fans, but don't provide any ventilation.

In the Radeon Adrenaline software there is a hardware monitor that one can use to check and keep an eye on various things that are going on with ones system. There's CPU-Z, GPU-Z and HWiNFO64 which also provide information that you can add to post your system information here for further assistance. Without some of that information people can only guess what the issue(s) that could possibly be going on. As well make and model of you PC and any revisions. Driver version..?

<short form> example - my engine is making a banging noise. Doesn't provide any assistive information for a technician. </short form>

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes

Hello,

that is kinda missing the point of the post - did you read my post?

Whenever the fan spins, it makes a really annoying noise. It needs to be replaced but I can't find replacements anywhere, how high the temperature is doesn't make a difference - PC boots, fan spins and makes the annoying noise.

0 Likes

There are YouTube videos that shows how you can re-apply lubricant to a noisy fan to make it run quieter. Unless the Fan's bearings are shot. Then you need to replace the fan.

What is the Make & Model of your RX5700XT?

For instance, Sapphire has replacement fans for that model at this GPU Parts website: https://www.gpufanreplacement.com/products/sapphire-rx-5700-xt-nitro-fan-replacement

That link I posted  has many types of GPU fan replacements from different GPU Manufacturers. See if they have one for your GPU card.

If they do google that part number and see if they sell it anywhere else like Amazon or Newegg.

NOTE: If your GPU Card is still under Warranty I am sure they will send you a new Fan or Fan assembly.

Thanks I managed to order a replacement that hasn't arrived yet, I'll also try to re-apply lubricant in the meantime and see if that helps.