cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AMD Performance Fix ALL AMD GPU'S

AMD Adrenaline Settings Fix for High Performance Games

If you haven't done this tweak already than you are definitely missing out.

GOTO: AMD Adrenaline Application provided by AMD for your GPU

Open the application

GOTO: Performance Tuning

GOTO: GPU FAN TUNING

Click on MANUAL TUNING

TURN OFF ZERORPM

Proceed to advanced tuning

Change your idle fan speed to 25%

Then you can change your max fan speed at around 65-75 degrees CELCIUS

This will ensure that your GPU is running at a cool temperature while idle and be running MAX fan speeds at the MAX temperature for high intensive games

This tweak for AMD GPU users will ensure that you never overheat your gpu.

If your GPU is going over 80-85 degrees CELCIUS than you might have a problem with your GPU overheating.

10 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

My RX 7900 XT Reference on Default profile

Idle temp is 40°C with 0 RPM fan speed

Furmark temp is 69°C with 1743 RPM (64%)

I thought about putting a water block on it, but why? It is plenty powerful with stock tuning and runs cool and quiet.

I also don't consider 80-85°C to be "overheating". If you're getting 100°C+ then yes may want to tweak the fan speeds.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

I understand you told me that you don't want to keep your gpu cooler by using my tutorial. Thanks for explaining all that just to say that..........

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

This is very dependable on the card manufacturer. Tested lots of AIBs and reference cards. Example, RoG cards usually tend to be overbuilt while reference cards are often hotter.

Although, RDNA 2 ref cards got a nice boost over the blower style of the 5700 RDNA1.

Disabling zero rpm can improve a bit if you run an Auto profile , this way there is more room for boosting. However if people install third party software or from manufaturer, they can go over Adrenalin settings. Like MSI afterburner or ASUS GPU tweak.

If your card has dual BIOS, You might want to consider using the high performance mode too.

The Englishman
0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

This sounds like you just found out about fan profiles. My gpu runs fine as is.

0 Likes

Yeah, if you turn off zero rpm and tweak the fan to keep the gpu cooler than usual at max gaming performace settings than you are getting more consistent performance. If the gpu is cooler it will run better. Facts

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Last 3 GPU's ive turned off zero rpm but not for the reason you have given. I vertically mount all my GPU's and they dont look right with the fans stopped. I use Afterburner to do this and prior to disabling zero rpm there were temp issues.

0 Likes

Yeah, whenever there is potential for low air circulation in the computer it would be good to keep fans running at a speed that would keep circulation optimal.

0 Likes

Okay so recently I have experienced a problem where the AMD Adrenaline Tuning Settings reset after every reboot for my computer. If this is happening to you then I have a fix for you in the link provided.

Solved: Re: Adrenaline resetting to defaults every reboot - AMD Community

0 Likes
Jgcole83
Adept I

I use MSI afterburner for this reason but it doesn't fix the constant issues they have with new updates to adrenalin drivers they roll out that have conflicting issues with Windows.

It still causes everything to constantly shutdown and reset every single time they roll out updates and give 0 **bleep**s 

0 Likes
Jgcole83
Adept I

When I make an investment on a GPU I don't want to have to use work arounds and deal with these constant issues.

They know it happens and haven't changed a single thing in their process for like that last 5 years.

I mean seriously.!?!?!?

0 Likes