cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Eds89
Adept I

AMD Driver Timeout on every login, only once (7900XT)

Hi,

I've been using my 7900 XT for a month or two now, and it's been working well.

At some point during one of the last couple of driver updates, I started getting driver timeout errors a minute or so after every time I logged into Windows (11). It happens only once, and never again until I reboot.

Rolling back to the original driver version I was using when I first got the card makes no difference, and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver makes no difference.

Only events I see are:
"Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I'm not sure how else to diagnose this issue, or determine what the cause is. Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how to narrow it down from this point?

I am using two external DP monitors, one 27" 1440p 165Hz, and one 23.4" 1080p 60Hz.

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, 32GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Asus B650M Auoros Motherboard, two NVME SSDs and one SATA, Windows 11 Pro

Cheers

Eds

1 Solution
Eds89
Adept I

Seems to have resolved itself.

Possibly a Windows update? I have done a driver update since the last TDE, but the issue stopped somewhere in between, so really have no idea what resolved it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Eds89
Adept I

Looks like this might be because of Discord.

Disabling hardware acceleration in Discord, I no longer get DTE's when logging into Windows.

Anyone else experienced this same issue?

Cheers

Eds

0 Likes
Tuhosilppuri
Adept I

I only read this post now so I haven't tried disabling hw accel in Discord but yeah I'm getting the same sort of problems. Usually the message also means that Adrenalin has crashed in the background (the system tray icon has disappeared, at least).

Need to try out that fix, although it sounds like a hack.

0 Likes
Eds89
Adept I

I spoke too soon;

It's still happening regularly on sign in to Windows.

I might try disabling all my startup applications, such as Spotify, Discord, Steam, Epic etc. Give it a few days and see if I can enable them one at a time to try and find the culprit.

Still feels like a driver issue though, as it was working perfectly well before a specific update (don't recall exact version)

Cheers

Eds

0 Likes
Eds89
Adept I

Seems to have resolved itself.

Possibly a Windows update? I have done a driver update since the last TDE, but the issue stopped somewhere in between, so really have no idea what resolved it

0 Likes