cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

merlin1
Journeyman III

AMD Driver crash / PC freezing outside of gaming

So I transferred my Windows 10 installation from an NVIDIA based GPU System to a new AMD GPU (Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT Pulse Aktiv) end of 2023. I've done pretty much everything apart from reinstalling Windows (haven't done this yet, because I'm not sure whether I have the right Windows Key saved in my files and other people have had the issues continuing after they've done a fresh install):

- driver only and full installs (Adrenaline Software) installs, many different Versions of the AMD driver

- disabling iGPU of my Ryzen 7600X CPU in BIOS

- disabling "Enable_Ulps" and "Enable_Ulps" in the Registry

- disabling hardware acceleration in my web browser

- tried Firefox and Chrome

- applying overclocks, removing them again

- updating my BIOS, my AMD chipset drivers

The crashes have so far exclusively happened outside of gaming and up until recently quite predictably after gaming for a while and returning to web browsing. The windows logs only show the crash of the AMD driver and that's it. So it seems to be some sort of issue when the GPU isn't even being stressed immensely.

My hardware:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 7600X with a Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE for cooling

GPU - Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT Pulse Aktiv

Mainboard - MSI Tomahawk WIFI AMD B650

RAM - Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 6 (850 W)

I've searched high and low for solutions and am thoroughly disappointed currently. It's just frustrating that both times I've opted using a AMD GPU (had one before I had my previous NVIDIA GTX 1060 (6GB)), I've had some sort of issues, and they're never clear-cut related to defective hardware. In both cases it seems to be a driver / software issue.

Would anyone be willing to help try to tackle my problem? I seem to be in over my head and I'm out of ideas.

0 Likes
0 Replies