cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bosscoe
Journeyman III

AMD driver causing BSOD win 10

Issue: AMD error showed up, pc would freeze, black screen, amd adrenalin would crash.

- Latest driver for RX 580 causes my pc to boot loop

- constantly have to reinstall windows

- Sometimes I can startup repair

- Sometimes I can system restore

- Sometimes I can uninstall updates

I've been through the whole cycle of use DDU to uninstall, amd utility cleaner etc...Been battling this issue for the past 3 weeks. I've finally come down to conclusion that that installing 23.11.1 fully causes my pc to have issues. Once installed and I'm forced to restart the pc, bam again with the boot loops, startup repairs etc...Now I'm at the stage where I can install Driver only where an amd error shows up "We detected a driver timeout etc...", I can't even open adrenalin which says "The version of AMD software that you have launched is not compatible etc..."

To counter these I've done...

- Disable fast startup

- Installed all windows updates

- Disable windows from updating GPU drivers specifically

- Installed AMD chipsets no issues

The only issue is when I install Adrenaline, thats when all the problems above show up, bsod, boot loops, unable to repair, error messages, etc...

- Purchased NEW RAM

- Purchased NEW SSD

- Purchased NEW CPU

I want to eliminate the possibility that this is a GPU issue as its so close to xmas and I don't want to replace it unless I've exhausted all my options please. I can't elaborate just how many times I've had to install and uninstall everything from windows to amd drivers even going down 3-5 versions in order to get this to work. Any advice is welcomed especially hardware as I'm not 100% sure in that area. Let me just add that I've been advised it maybe PSU related, than I was told it maybe GPU related caused by not enough power to the GPU over time. I did see ALOT of artifacts on battlefield 2042, minimum amounts on league of legends, and none to slow texture loads on GTA5 if that helps leading up to the start of the error. However I did run a stress test on the GPU and there were no visual issues I could see.

PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: Radeon RX 580

MOBO: ASRock B450 Pro4

BIOS Version: 4.50

PSU: CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 650W

RAM: Hyperx Fury 32GB DDR4

SSD: Samsung 870

0 Likes
0 Replies