cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Moréo
Journeyman III

AMD crash when redering with openGL

I have a AMD Radeon 5600xt and it seems to crash my pc randomly when using openGL like in minecraft.

Does anyone already had this issue and is there a way to fix it other than, changing gpu (or maybe cpu idk)

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vynski
Exemplar

I'm running a 5700XT on a Ryzen 9 3900X with the openGL enabled with no problems what-so-ever.  I assume that you have enabled openGL Triple Buffering in your Graphics /Advanced settings.  I have used both GPU workload options with no difference, it is set on Graphics now.  Try overriding Anti Aliasing and choose 4xEQ, use Adaptive Multisampling, Enable Morphological Anti-Aliasing, Enable Ansiotropic Filtering (I have mine set at 4x), Set Texture Filtering to High, Enable Surface Format optimization, Tessellation Mode (I use AMD optimized, I have tried all).

Try these settings first.

If the problem still exist, display motherboard brand and model,

Go to AMD site and select Drivers and Support.  Scroll down and select Chipsets, then select the correct AMD Socket.  I will assume it is an AM4 ( X-series, B-series).  Download latest driver version (should be 4.06.10 xxx).  While your there download the latest graphics drivers for your 5600XT.

Prior to installing you need to uninstall current drivers.  I would recommend using BC Uninstaller for both graphics and chipset.  Then delete the AMD folder on drive C or where ever they are installed.

Reboot and install Chipset first, then graphics drivers. 

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes