cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

S1eepyP4nda
Adept I

AMD card causes mouse to freeze in League of Legends

When playing League of Legends, every so often the mouse will freeze on my screen. The game itself continues to run normally with the mouse unable to be moved. Tabbing out and back into game stops the problem, but it reappears after a few minutes. Obviously, I would like this issue solved as this sometimes happens at less than ideal moments in game. I have no issues with any other games or software, just LoL. 

The game works perfectly with my GTX 1060, whilst a 6700 XT (which I had to return for other reasons) and now my 6900 XT both cause this issue, leading me to think that AMD cards could be the problem as nothing else in my setup had changed.

Any help or potential solutions would be welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Problem has been fixed, was caused by the Radeon software overlay being on. Thank you all for helping.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

You may need a mouse with a higher DPI level (faster response time).

There's a big difference between a 10 dollar Walmart mouse and an actual gaming mouse same goes for keyboards.  

0 Likes

Thank you for replying.

Currently using a Logitech G502 set to 2400 DPI and 1000 Report rate. As mentioned before, the mouse works perfectly with any other game/program. Also works perfectly with the game mentioned in the title, as long as the card in the system is an NVIDIA. This is why I'm assuming the issue is with my AMD graphics card having a problem with LOL and not the mouse itself being faulty.

No problem I bet this community will help find a resolution to this issue.

I don't play League of Legends so I have no practical way to test or experience the issue first hand to provide better assistance.

Have you tried searching YouTube for fixes to this issue.

Thats where I go for a lot of DIY fix it videos.

Yes I do the same with my problems, but was unable to find anything with this one on YouTube or any forums.   

Try recreating the error and take a screenshot of your event history and post that in this thread that will help us narrow down the cause of the issue.

Hi, I'm attaching administrative logs from even viewer. Hope this is what you asked for, if not please help me find what you need. I recreated the problem, but saw no errors or any kind of indication that the was an issue with the same timestamps as the freezes. 

S1eepyP4nda_0-1647194532291.png

0 Likes

Problem has been fixed, was caused by the Radeon software overlay being on. Thank you all for helping.