cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

PetK
Adept II

Adrenaline 23.12.1 freezes computer when selecting tuning profile

Just like with the previous Adrenalin versions, 23.12.1 also has the issue of completely freezing up the system when selecting a GPU tuning profile with the 7900XTX.

It was mentioned that this issue was solved with the previous version, but it hasn't. I don't mind general bugs, but having a 1000 EUR GPU freeze up your entire system..

Please, someone come up with a fix asap.

0 Likes
5 Replies
somuchhard
Adept II

23.12.1 updated messed my 6900 XT too, waiting a response from amd support .... and yes same for me previous version rollback doesn't fix the problems ....

0 Likes

It's most probebly temps so max out the fans if you can with software like GPU tweak 3 or MSI Afterburner.

0 Likes
TROOPER-TJ
Journeyman III

Hay PetK Just another pep here but I will say this AMD try to max there Hardware so if you get any software to max out fans on the gpu make it so. I notice the temps are the big problem with AMD cards well and Nvidia too but AMD have a need for more cooling so max out the fans and you should be good GPU Tweak 3 should be good just leave everything default and play with the fan settings. Move the right most point up to right most corner and leave it at that. Let me know how it goes after palying for a bit.

0 Likes

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've read this several times myself. However, I watercooled my entire system including the GPU. Under max load the die will get to about 69 degrees C. About three versions ago, I was able to run this preset without any problems, so from my end it really looks to be software related.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got full pc freeze with driver v23.12.1 when I played coh3.

I have this problem since v22.11.2 pc freeze but sound still playing.

Its not pc problem and I am sure its problem with drivers.

Porblem was rly bad in march april and may but its better now.

Finished cyber punks 2077 and lors of the fallen and few mores games with overclock and freeze did not happen. I started to play coh3 again and problem is still there. It did happen in dota 2 few times during 2023 and once in total war rome 2 and Im not sure what is problem.

Problem did not happen in warzone 2 and mw3 and bfV.

0 Likes