cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SeismicForce
Adept III

Adrenalin Game Advisor "Advice"

Adrenalin Game Advisor has 3 ratings: Excellent, Optimal, and Marginal. How is that calculated? Is the Average FPS the entire game session, even at the menus while not actually playing? They are quite lower than the real time FPS while playing, which hovers at my max display refresh rate of 165 per the in-game native FPS counter display. In Quake Champions for example, the Game Advisor results say turn everything up, and so I do only for it to say turn everything down again LOL.

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU
0 Likes
4 Replies
Player-X
Adept I

Its a load of bloatware rubbish, you should not need adrenaline to tell you how to dial in a games performance, use your own fps counter like msi afterburner and while in game tweak the game settings until fps is highest while maintaining the minimal loss of visual quality... after all isnt that the end goal here? 

SeismicForce
Adept III

Yeah, that's what I'm used to doing. I just thought it was an interesting concept and add-on. I have the game set like I want but I think Adrenaline is more useful to make older games look nicer. The only thing I really needed was making sure FreeSync is enabled to work better with my 165Hz display.

0 Likes

Cap your frame rate 3-5 fps lower than your refresh rate i.e.160fps when using freesync, using riva tuner statistic server (its the only way of getting solid frametimes)

Then go in game and set everything in video settings to the lowest, then one by one start cranking the settings until you find any to make the frame rate drop below your cap then fine tune them more impacting settings to balance out visual quality. Personally i do not like using freesync or gsync (when was on NVIDIA) Its only worth using if you cant maintain target framerate, if you can.. fixed refresh is far superior in feel over variable refresh.

SeismicForce
Adept III

In-game settings I have display refresh set to 162, which is 3 below the actually display refresh rate. I did the same when I had the Nvidia GPU and a G-Sync display.

0 Likes