Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kenpari
Journeyman III

Adaptive Sync Limiting Refresh Rate to 60Hz with Overlay Disabled

GPU: 7900xt on latest drivers (23.8.2)

Bit of an odd post, but wondering if anyone can help me out here. Recently I've noticed that my games have been capped to 60fps with Adaptive Sync on in the AMD Adrenalin software Display options. I wanted to diagnose what was going on, so I turned on the stats overlay (ctrl-shift-O by default on my system). I noticed that when I turn Adaptive Sync off and back on, my FPS is uncapped and my monitor's refresh rate adjusts according to my fps (observed through my monitor's settings, and the behavior I expect). However, when I turn the overlay off, my refresh rate instantly becomes capped at 60, as does my FPS in-game. If I turn Adaptive Sync back off and back on (with the overlay open, as doing it with the overlay closed changes nothing), I can observe it working again, changing my monitor's refresh rate with my frames, uncapped. The problem repeats if I turn the overlay back off.

Really stumped here, wondering if anyone has the same issue with Adaptive Sync limiting their refresh rate to 60Hz.

0 Likes
0 Replies