cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

magnutron
Adept I

A520+6600XT - Bad performance in CS:GO

So a quick disclaimer, I run a system integration company called MagnuTron.

MSI A520M-A PRO + RX 6600XT + 5600X - I spin up CSGO against bots on the map Ancient, because it is the most demanding map atm. My GPU will be using around 40-70W, keeping clock somewhat up there (+2000 MHz) and usage jumping between 30-70%. The CPU will be using around 50W and some threads will be on 4500 ish MHz, and others around 3700 MHz, rotating around which threads are boosting and which are not. I get HORRENDOUS framerates, considering the specs. And the machine as we can see, is not being pushed at all.

I was selling the same setup before but with RTX 3060, but as the 6600XT has better value, we switched. The same test with a 3060 gives me a CPU power draw of around 60W, but still not full speed ahead when it comes to frequency. Sure it's a A520 board, so the boosting isn't expected to go full bananas with PBO. However, my framerate is roughly double of that than with the RX6600XT. My only question is - HOW? Are we talking bad drivers here?

So 3rd test, running the RX6600XT, on a X570 board with 5600X. CPU running 5-10W higher and getting a bit higher boost times, due to the increased PBO on X570. But the framerate is still poopy. I tried playing around between Gen3 and Gen4 with the x8 lanes this card has to offer, and atleast on Ancient I did see a rather large loss of performance in some areas.

Confusion ensues.

0 Likes
1 Solution
magnutron
Adept I

Okay big update, I have totally discarded this launch option before because I didn't think a dx9 disable command would have ANY impact on just 1 map, the newest CSGO map in the competetive map pool mind you.

-disable_d3d9ex
This launch command totally negates all bad performance in CSGO on AMD systems.. Boom..

View solution in original post

2 Replies
magnutron
Adept I

I just did a 3DMark TimeSpy to test difference on Gen3 vs Gen4 - It wasn't worth mentioning.. 

0 Likes
magnutron
Adept I

Okay big update, I have totally discarded this launch option before because I didn't think a dx9 disable command would have ANY impact on just 1 map, the newest CSGO map in the competetive map pool mind you.

-disable_d3d9ex
This launch command totally negates all bad performance in CSGO on AMD systems.. Boom..