cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Rogabex
Journeyman III

7900XTX SteamVR Visual Lag?

Hey all, this issue has been driving me insane so it's time to actually see if I can get some assistance regarding this issue, or figure out why it's happening.

I use a Valve Index for VR gaming, and haven't ran into this issue prior to upgrading to the 7900XTX. The headset feels like the tracking/display is running slightly behind/delayed from where I'm actually looking. It happens on all refresh rates from 80-144hz, and is worsened by tilting my head or looking up and down. It's just enough that it makes me motion sick and makes the headset practically unusable. Upon doing some research, I stumbled upon a reddit thread explaining an issue relatively similar to this, that provides a workaround. The workaround does not work for me as the headset feels constantly delayed by either over-compensating or under-compensating no matter which way I select the values. Fix for RTX 4090 and VR tracking input latency / lag : r/SteamVR (reddit.com) 

I'm wanting to use VR again but it feels impossible due to this issue, and every response I have received so far is "You shoulda went with Nvidia" when that's not what I'd consider a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

My Specs

GPU : RX 7900XTX (Sapphire Pulse)

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Motherboard : Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX

Driver Version : Adrenalin 24.8.1

0 Likes
0 Replies