Building a new PC.
Specs:
MB - Gigabyte 670x Master
Processor - AMD 7950X
GPU - Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX
RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 RAM 64GB
HD - 990Pro
PSU - EVGA Supernova 1000 T2

I have replaced everything exept for the PSU and the BIOS/Windows is not detecting the GPU. The onboard card works fine.
THE GPUs LED lights up but no fans turn and no detection. I get the beeps on start up. One Long beep and 3 shorts. The BIOS is running the latest.

Im at a loss and no idea what to do as ive returned and replaced everything. Ive set the PCI compatibility to GEN 4 and still doesnt detect. The only thing left is my PSU or VGA cables which I doubt is the issue...but I guess thats next. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
jagged78
Adept I

Red Devil arrived today....Working fine! I just had really bad luck I guess with the Sapphire GPU lottery. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Make sure you use separate PSU PCIe GPU Power cables to the GPU card. Daisy-Chain type PCIe PSU GPU power cables can cause issues with PSU rails.

Your Sapphire Nitro has a Dual BIOS switch on it. Try changing to the second BIOS and see if it recognized it or not:

Screenshot 2023-12-27 175317.png

Screenshot 2023-12-27 175317.png

This YouTube video showing how to install the RX7900XTX card in the PC. Did you install the extra GPU bracket to help support the GPU card on the motherboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRsKQgSCNPg

If you didn't maybe the GPU card is leaning or tilting and not making good contact with the PCIe Slot.

0 Likes

Cables are good. Even bought a new PSU to see if it was the issue. No dice. Bios switch does nothing. PC on its side so contact is good. Another GPU is working on the slot. I may just have really bad luck and got 2 bad GPUs in a row with the same exact issue...which is hard for me to believe. 

Depends if the second GPU is actually your first one that was repaired that is if you RMAed you first one under Warranty.

It is strange that you received two identical GPUs and both have the same issue. Could possibly be a bad batch in the manufacturing process.

Have you tried installing the GPU in another PC to confirm it is a GPU issue and not a issue with your PC?

Sapphire Warranty requires you to send your GPU card to the Retailer for them to decide if it needs to be repaired or replaced if I remember correctly concerning Sapphire Warranty.

0 Likes

Old GPU which is a 6900Xt works fine. Im taking the GPU to microcenter tomorrow to get checked.  Bought both 7900s from amazon...so yeah, not RMAd...Im thinking bad batch as well. 

Red Devil arrived today....Working fine! 

Difficult to believe you got two defective Sapphire GPUs. I would try to get a refund or have the last one repaired under Warranty and then sell it.

Since you purchased it from Amazon at least you know it is a reputable Retailer unless it was Amazon Marketplace.

Anyways, Glad that you finally got a working brand new GPU card. I would have been personally really upset with Sapphire if that happened to me.

0 Likes

Absolutely unbelievable to me as well that two has the same issue. I've primarily bought sapphire for almost 20 years now so needless to say I'm pretty disappointed.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Also you might need to switch in the bios to the GPU from the igpu. Might be set to igpu by default 

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Try a bench top build outside the case as it sounds like something in the case may be grounding the pcie sub system of the main board.

Qoojo
Miniboss

so "One Long beep and 3 shorts" means it can't find the gpu. So it's most likely GPU is not seated all the way down, no power or not enough power, or GPU is bad.

Since that PSU is one rail, assuming you fully seated power connectors, it's probably not power. I would just confirm that the GPU was fully seated into PCIe slot, and then if it still doesn't work, it's time to return the GPU.

GPU was bad...2 in a row....switching to red devil to see if my luck changes. 

I guess i got lucky with the cheaper Sapphire Pulse 7900 xtx. Red Devil is a good card. Amazing how big these things are.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Let us know how it goes

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
jagged78
Adept I

Red Devil arrived today....Working fine! I just had really bad luck I guess with the Sapphire GPU lottery. 

Nice what a pain though sorry for the **bleep**ty luck.