cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Russell304
Journeyman III

7900xtx keep crashing

I recently purchased this power color red devil 7900 xtx and the first day it was good i only got a 1080p monitor for the moment so i tough i wansnt gonna have problems going from a  gtx 1660 to a rtx 7900xtx but im wrong after 2 days of playing games like forza gta 5 and ratchet and clank shut off the gpu while im playing only the gpu but the rgb fans stay on idk what to do and i tried everything using ddu reinstalling windous i have a 800psu do somebody know what to do please? i feel really dissapointed after spending 1000bucks and still have a lot of problems

specs

r5 7500f

rtx 7900xtx

psu800 apevia

ddr5 ram 6000mhz cl30

i currently have 6  fans in the pc

its also strange that i try witout installing the drivers and even tho it goes slow it doesnt crash but when i install the drivers and the game pass 60fps it shut down only my gpu

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Apevia makes shall we say very "aggressively priced" components, and that is about as nicely as I can put it. If you're trying to save money on a case it might be an okay choice but I would not recommend them for a power supply and certainly not when pairing it with a power hungry 7900 XTX.

More than likely they don't actually make the power supply, there's a 3rd party OEM involved and they put the Apevia label on it. One way you can track this down is via the 80 Plus certification report, assuming that the power supply is even 80 Plus rated. Used to be able to look units up on JonnyGuru but alas the site is no more.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

I am having the same issue with my Power Color Liquid Devil.  I would be watching a streaming service or playing games and everything would freeze up and lockup.  Sometimes The GPU won't even detect both of my monitors.  It will only detect one of them.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen R9 3950X

Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570

EVGA 1200w PSU

32gb  G skill

0 Likes