cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BeerHuntor
Adept I

7900XTX HDMI port not 'switching on'

I have just bought a 7900XTX for my first custom build pc, and im having issue with the HDMI port not switching on.  I am currently running a quad monitor display with 3 DP's and 1HMDI. However whenever I boot the PC the HDMI monitor wont switch on automatically, I need to manually unplug and re insert the cable for it to come on. Running latest drivers as per Adrenelin

This is my first AMD card, and seriously hoping there is a fix as I have seen the VR problems with this card, and seriously not re considering my purchase. 

Anyone know how to fix this I would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Relic416
Adept I

When I tried plugging in a 2nd monitor through HDMI it bricked my 7900 XTX. Sorry I don't have a solution but it seems there are QC issues with this card.

0 Likes

Luckily that has not happened to me... I am not using a reference card, as I was made aware that those have had some pretty shoddy QC issues - but still for a card that is £1k in price, these 'hiccups' should not of been shipped with release... first time having an AMD card, and from what I can tell from others past experiences and previous releases they are a company that says "quick lets get it out the door, we can fix it later" - Which is horrible. 

0 Likes
BeerHuntor
Adept I

I hope with the severe lack of response form the majority of these threads from any 'AMD Representative' means that they are hard working on fixing these issues and not just 'ignoring them' - got to be honest, as a first time AMD user, its really putting me off that these are issues in the first place.