cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

moliveira
Adept I

7900xtx freesync

hi! so I bought today a 7900xtx installed latest drivers. all default,  tried the fist game, beamng and it was locked 75fps (monitor is lg freesync 75hz).  
all good and ready to test another games.   I rebooted meanwhile  and I lost freesync.  I checked in adrenaline it says on. I just don't know what to do more.   changed display port on gpu, reset settings in adrenaline software, what am I missing ?  
I'm coming from gtx1080  and all I need is activate compatible freesync and make sure Vsync is off in game and all was good.
I thought buying and AMD gpu with freesync monitor was easier. 
Why just why it worked in first hour I installed gpu and now does not work.   I normally don't ask for help since there always a solution but I'm not finding one. 
Regards

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Port? HDMI?

Reseat cable? swap cable?

Cable version, 1.2, 1.4?

Check your monitor settings?

moliveira
Adept I

display port, 1.4, monitor settings freesync is on. why would I swap cable if it was working in first time after install the gpu? and it was working with the gtx1080

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because DP cables can be 1.2 or 1.4, and monitor settings can be set up for either.

Just spitballing ideas...

Resetting adrenaline settings to default, and then toggle freesync back on?

Windows Monitor driver?

0 Likes
Ninfazza
Adept II

Did you do a full uninstall of the NVidia drivers first using DDU (display driver uninstaller) before installing your new GPU?

moliveira
Adept I

yes ddu before installing amd, in security mode. monitor driver downloaded latest driver from 2016 and already forced update from windows default from 2006. I'm using windows 11 fresh install from 1 week ago. what is strange and makes me angry is that it worked fine for first hour.
to make sure, i just need to check freesync option to on in amd adrenaline and everything else off like chill and fps cap to off, and in game vsync off. right?   not working still

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes

tried and seems ok it says 75fps and 75hz. but when turning off freesync in monitor to see the difference it locks to 60fps 60hz.  anyway in games I have no fps limit tried every option in amd adrenaline no effect.

0 Likes