cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Powershooter83
Journeyman III

7900xtx Fans turn 100% and PC crashes after activating drivers/GPU or booting

I was playing GTA 5 and suddenly I got a black screen and the GPU fans were at 100%. Then I couldn't really start/boot Windows anymore and so I did a complete reinstallation of Windows. (SSD completely formatted)
However, if I now try to install the AMD drivers on the fresh Windows installation, the same thing happens. In other words, the drivers are installed, the picture turns black and the fans turn up to 100%. Then the whole thing crashes / reboots and I can only access the Windows PC in safe mode.

I have also deleted / reinstalled AMD Adrenalin several times without success. Once I was able to install the drivers without crashing (I think it was in safe mode), but then I activated the GPU in the device manager and again black-screen and fans at 100%.

The card is about a week old and this error occurred for the first time 4 days after installation. When the fans are spinning at 100%, only a restart helps and then I can only get into Windows with the help of Safe Start.

Then in safe mode I get the following messages:

The device manager says:
-> The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for the device. (Code 31)

Adrenalin:
This version of AMD Software that you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver.
-----------------
Reinstalling the AMD drivers or installing the drivers directly from Windows will not work.

About the PC: I use a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 7900xtx and a 7 7800x3d. Before the first crash, I ran benchmarks and played for hours without any problems.

Thanks for reading through and any help

0 Likes
0 Replies