cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Gaz936
Adept II

7900XTX & MW2 Graphics Issues

Over the last few weeks, l have been having issues with MW. At times, the game would crash on launch, or freeze before getting to the main menu. When l could get into game, again it would just freeze or, as per the image below, the graphics would go black and white. 

Here’s where it gets interesting, if l started spinning the image would come back. Indeed, the issue would only occur outside buildings or tunnels with distant views  As you can see with the image, all HUD info would display OK  

I’ve tried different drivers (always using DDU), changed in game settings such as performance or quality. There’s nothing in Event Viewer and now l’m completely stumped. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

8C954E17-800C-4E15-AB96-23B7C0410DB4.jpeg

7 Replies
Gaz936
Adept II

Just an update as the issues have kept on going. Today I re-inatalled Windows and then of course all the software to go with it.

Played a couple of games and all was OK. Now, I get into game and it just freezes after a couple of mimutes.

CPU and GPU running at stock.

System Specs are:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

AMD Radeon Sapphire RX7900XTX

32Gb RAM

ASUS ROG Crosshair VII HERO

850W PSU (various PSU websites state that this should be enough).

Here's an image of the crash generated by MW.

Any suggestions would be appreaciated.

Crash Pic.jpeg

Onj
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem as Gaz936, but it also causes a full system lockup I have almost identical specs with a different motherboard and ram and a 165hz display.

Jesse_macherzak
Journeyman III

Exact same thing has been happening to me

Thrax
Adept I

I was having the same issue in DMZ. I have stopped using my second monitor and lowered my refresh rate to 60hz. It is fine for couple of days now.

MartinBech
Adept I

Im having the same issues

MW2 crashes with various driver timeouts and directx errors. I have tried all drivers, and my windows install is as stock as they come.

Ryzen 7 7700

CORSAIR Dominator DDR5 32GB 6000MHz CL36

NZXT N7 B650E

Radeon RX 7900 XTX Reference MBA

Corsair RM750e 750watt PSU

0 Likes
Gaz936
Adept II

All…

Just an update. I reinstalled Windows, obviously the game and tried different drivers. Same issues.

Re-installed DirectX and that issue now seems to have gone away. However, the black & white graphics issues haven’t no matter what driver l’ve tried or in game settings l’ve tried. 

I saw last night that someone has lowered their memory clocks via Adrenaline and that’s worked for them. I’ve yet to try this. Will report back. 

0 Likes
Gaz936
Adept II

SOLVED...

I had 3 issues:

1) In Game, installed latest 23.4.1 drivers using DDU to clear out all traces of the old drivers. This didn't stop the black and white issues itself. In game I changed the Graphics Quality to AMD FSR2.1 and the Video Memory Scale to 90 (despite advice not to). This combination has seemed to work, 3hrs of gaming last night and not one issue.

2) Game crashing with a DirectX error code. Reinstalled DirectX.

3) Windows crashing, sometime on launch, sometimes once Windows had started, and in game. Reinstalled AMD chipset drivers, reinstalled Visual C++ and ran sfc/scannow in Cmd Promt to reapir any files.

This combintation worked for me, hope you guys can find a solution somehow!

0 Likes