I have a Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX that will not post. My current motherboard is an Asus B550-I, and it has LEDS that indicate the post failure is due to video.
- The motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS.
- The system works with an older Radeon R7 240
- This an RMA card that I just received back from Sapphire. The previous card exhibited the same behavior
- This is the 4th (yes 4!) motherboard that I have tried with the original 7900 XTX. None of them posted. The Asus is the first that has the indicator LEDs.
- EVERY other component in the system has been replaced
Is there anything I can try? BIOS settings (I have tried setting the PCI to 3.0)? Is there a known issue with 7900 XTS and B550?
I can't believe there would be two defective cards in a row, but I can't think of anything else to try. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.
A couple more things:
I have installed the latest chipset drivers from AMD in Windows 11. I don't see how this would impact BIOS, but can't hurt.
I had the original card working in a B450-I, also Asus. The problems started when I upgraded to B550-I.