Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zzler
Journeyman III

7900 xtx which of these two

Hi guys, which one should I buy:

Sapphire Nitro + or Sapphire Pulse. I am not interested in other models.

Currently I can get the pulse for $949, and the nitro for $1030

Looking to snipe some black friday deals

3 Replies
stereo55
Adept II

I'd say go for the Nitro+ . ~ I have/use mine for 3 screen gaming (EyeInfinity) and really enjoy gaming on it .The extra cost is worth the extra cooling alone and the unit runs quite while keeping things cool (and I like "quite" with my gaming rigs). The unit is also extreamly well built , no plastic , and looks nice as well .  The Nitro+   is probably the most quite gpu Ive owned in the last 30+ yrs of gaming and ithe Nitro+ is a god send to quite (and cool) compared to my past Evga FTW Ultra RTX 3080 12gig .  (I only need to run the fans at aboutg 50/55% and its bearly audible and my rig/cpu is on a mild custom water setup )    ~  If your going for XTX , you may as well go that extra $ mile $ and get the better cooling solution for that 7/8% more in cost and longevity of ownership , ~ I paid $1030  for mine as well with no regrets . ~ 

Qoojo
Miniboss

I got the 7900 xtx pulse. I don't overclock or undervolt. I picked the pulse for lower power usage by default (365w vs +400w). Only in the most demanding games do I hear a slight fan sound, and my hearing is slightly bad so keep that in mind :). It's more quiet than my previous nvidia cards. My hot spot temp differential is very low like 5C - 8C.

If you want to do OC, then maybe the Nitro is the way to go.

I had a difficult time making the same decision due to few reviews on Pulse, then the price on pulse dropped under $900 and I just went for it.

FeRzY
Adept I

Nitro is a better card, but you can't go wrong either one...

I only wish there is a pure version from 7900 xtx