Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TynMahn
Journeyman III

7900 xtx VR

So,

Looks like I'm going to have to return this card but wanted to reach out before I do.
I bought this card to play DCS/IL2 FB in VR using a reverb G2.  I replaced a 2080 and I am completely blown away by the complete LACK of appreciable improvement.  Yeah, it may be a bit better but barely.

I mean, the stupid card IDLES at 30 to 50% gpu usage just having WMR open.

I just wanted to reach out for two things:

1. is this 30 to 50% usage just having WMR open normal for this card?
  2. Is there any hope that a driver update will fix this
    1. this I doubt as the card has been out for 4+ months now and runs DCS/FB like trash

I feel completely lied to and let down my AMD here and this has really left a super impression on me.  The last time I bought a Radeon card was way back in ATI days (early 2000's) and then, I returned it for an Nvidia due to crap drivers too.  so sad

0 Likes
2 Replies
jycannel
Adept II

I have the same issue, its been months now and ive been holding out on a driver fix every single patch. As of 23.3.2 and 23.4.1 VR performance has actually gotten worse with added frame tearing. Last time I had an AMD GPU was 2012 and I really wanted to try them again since I was blown away with there CPU's. This has left a bad taste in my mouth indeed. I have compiled multiple bug reports regarding the issue with VR but im starting to believe after all this time VR is not a priority for AMD.

Builderman
Journeyman III

Same bad experience here. I bought a 6950xt to replace my gtx1080 (and intermediate downgrade to gtx670), with the goal of improving VR performance. But the 6950xt is actually performing worse than my ancient 2GB gtx670 (which is not even vr approved) in Project Cars 2 VR! There are a lot of dropped frames, even in game menus. And the screen tears like crazy, with strange, wave like distortions. I tried every option to improve things: vsync on/off, overclocking, undervolting, increasing minimum clock, anti lag, max frame rate, all to no avail. Also, forcing 16x anisotropic filtering globally does not work; it actually seems to disable anisotropic filtering and make all road textures blurry. I am afraid I will have to return this poorly performing AMD card and buy a more expensive team green card instead. It is really a pity because the raw performance of the 6950xt in rasterization is great. But the VR experience is terrible and unacceptable for a 650 euro gpu.

0 Likes