cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

benjamindupont94
Journeyman III

7900 XTX Nitro+ Sapphire - White screen flicker?

Hi,

I recently upgraded my graphics card and CPU to the following:
7900 XTX Sapphire Nitro+
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

After this upgrade, I used DDU and removed all my previous drivers, and installed the AMD adrenaline version supported for the card.

I noticed a few times when I'm playing either CS:GO or Modern Warfare 2, that suddenly a stripe the size of 1/5 of the monitor blinks white for under a second.

Also noticed when browsing youtube, and hovering over a video, the entire monitor blinks white for a brief moment.
This is not consistent, and it happends like 4-8 times a day.

It doesn't borther me that much, since it's just for under a second, but I still spend a lot on a new graphics card, and wondering if anyone have experienced similar issues?

It does not matter which monitor I'm using, as I've seen it happen on all my three monitors.
Two is connected with HDMI, one is connected with DisplayPort.

I wish I could attach a picture to show how it looks, but as I said it blinks so fast, that there is no way I could take a picture, also I cannot recreate the white screen flicker.

I've tried different stress test, and it does not show up on the stress tests.

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies

I had the same expyrience, issue occured few times yesterday , today i havent seen any flickering at all.

Lebkuchen
Adept I

Ive the same problem. My setup is a 5900X with 32gb 3600mhz ram and a merc 310 7900 xtx. It happens on my side monitor with 4k@60Hz but much more often as you are describing it. about every minute or so mostly when browing or changing tabs while playing a game on the first monitor.

Your issues is different than the OP. 

Havent seen OP´s Issue yet so i dont know. Would like to compare it, but when screen capturing the error doesnt occour. throught of bad vram or something but occt doesnt show any problems.

0 Likes
Aria__
Adept II

I had the video problems, that got fixed itself when patch 23.5.2 dropped, but it happens in games occasionally and I'm both glad and sad I'm not alone. gonna send a video, hope it'll get approved by a mod.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Sadly i cant play the video, the player seems to be broken

Koyote7667
Challenger

There is some white or even green flicker.  Does it break the game or what not for you, restart your pc, or the like? 

"but as I said it blinks so fast, that there is no way I could take a picture,"

What is odd, is you dont see it starting, or changing games, because it does the same. Weird. 

Yep

No? Well there ya go. 

Thank you for the information. I just bought one today. I'm hoping you can fix it.

0 Likes

Got ya.....   cant. Enjoy. 

0 Likes