cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

thomeboy
Journeyman III

7900 XTX High Junction Temperature Low 3dmark scores

If I leave my 7900 xtx on default profile my temperatures seem to be fine. Hotspot usually only goes up to 85 when gaming for awhile and stays about 10-15 away from gpu temp. 

However, if I overclock my hotspot easily gets to 110.  If I turn rage mode on, I will get to 110 junction temperatures in just a few minutes while gaming.  Is this normal or possiblly due to the speculated vapor chamber issues with the reference design? I have a powercolor reference amd rx 7900 xtx.

I've also noticed that my 3dmark graphic scores seem to be lower than other 7900 xtx's. I'm getting ~32-33k on firestrike extreme but I've seen most people get 37k+. Could this be due to a bottleneck? I've got an i9-9900k and ddr4-2400 ram.  

3 Replies
thomeboy
Journeyman III

Is this something I should contact support about? 

0 Likes

Several Users have noticed that if they flipped the PC case so the GPU card is either Horizontal or Vertical will cause the Hot Spot to go below 110c and back to normal temperatures that was one way of finding out if the GPU card has the defective Vapor Chamber.

Otherwise I would open a Support Ticket and just ask them for help to determine if you have one of the affected GPU cards.

0 Likes
Sprocket
Journeyman III

I also have an AMD RX 7900 XTX MBA from Powercolor and am experiencing exactly what you describe regarding temperatures.

I tried running 3dmark firestrike extreme and got 31761 on the standard profile. I have an R5 7600X and DDR5-6000 ram.

Considering the cost we have to pay for these graphics cards. I feel like even if my card is affected say 25% with the problem and 110 C hotspot would be 100%. We ought to get a perfectly working card.

0 Likes