Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Merokito
Adept II

7900 xtx Grey screen with blue lines

Hey guys,

I recently built a new PC that's performing well with most games, but I'm encountering issues specifically with Helldivers 2. All other games seem working fine in default settings (in Palword I have to customize some tuning), but Helldivers 2 remains problematic.

I've managed to play the game for about 36 hours by utilizing temporary solutions found in the community and on Reddit. Firstly, I installed Process Lasso. When running the game, I disable SMT and custom tune the GPU, setting the min-max frequency to 2400-2500 MHz and voltage to 1100 mV. In VRAM Tuning, I set the max frequency to 2700 MHz, and in Power Tuning, I adjust the power limit to 15%.

Additionally, I've turned off global illumination and anti-aliasing in the game. Despite these adjustments, I've encountered a rare issue that's new to me. Twice now, while playing, the screen suddenly turns grey with blue lines. The PC freezes on this image for nearly 20 seconds before rebooting automatically. Afterward, I can restart the game without any further problems. It's frustrating, and I'm hoping AMD and the devs of Helldivers 2 can find a solution to their problems.

Does anyone have any insights into what might be causing this grey screen issue? Could it be a faulty GPU? I'm considering requesting a replacement before the end of the month.

Specs:

CPU: AMD 7800X3D
RAM: 32GB Trident Z5 6400MHz
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 7900 XTX
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 12 Platinum 1000W
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX
Monitors: Primary - PG27AQDM (240Hz), Secondary - PG278QR (144Hz)

4 Replies
MrFunko92
Journeyman III

Hey!

I had the same issue recently and I have recently began to get this. Possibly a driver issue.

I also have same exact GPU and I get this problem sometimes with CoD.

AMD please advise as to what is going on.

tamzytam
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue with my 7800xt.

It's gotten to the point where windows can't even boot up anymore as it just goes into a cycle where asus logo flashes and  computer restarts constantly. It definitely a driver issue as I put it my 3070 card and no issues whatsoever. All drivers up to date, ddu and chipset. 

So honestly at this point, amd is probably not gonna fix this and I'm rma the card and will get a nividia one instead. It's sad because I only got this a few months ago and really enjoyed it but only a few weeks ago when this driver came out it gave me nothing but problems. It caused more harm then good and I now I have to boot windows in safe mode, which is the only option.

0 Likes

Hey there, I can relate to your frustration. While I've encountered issues with my 7900 XTX, particularly with games like Helldivers 2, it seems like your situation is far more severe. It's disappointing that AMD hasn't addressed these issues, especially considering the investment we've made in their hardware.

In my experience, although I've managed to mitigate some of the problems, it's clear that your GPU might be faulty. Given the extent of your issues, pursuing a refund or replacement seems like the best course of action. Here's hoping your next GPU, whether from AMD or Nvidia, provides a smoother experience without these headaches. Best of luck

0 Likes
puffnstuffuk
Journeyman III

A grey screen issue can indeed be caused by various factors, including hardware and software issues. While a faulty GPU is one potential cause, it's essential to consider other possibilities as well. A faulty or failing GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) can lead to display issues such as grey screens. Graphics cards can degrade over time due to heat, dust, or other factors. If you suspect a faulty GPU, you can try testing the system with a different graphics card to see if the issue persists.

Regards: Junk removal housten

0 Likes