cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

adequate
Journeyman III

7900 XTX fan always 100%

I have a ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX and the fans always run at full blast (~3000 RPM) or 0. It seems PWM just does not work.

In the AMD adrenaline performance tab, I tried setting a manual fan curve, but it's not respected. If I disable 'Zero RPM', it always runs at full blast, and if I enable 'Zero RPM', it runs at 0 until the GPU hits 45°C, when it immediately ramps up to 100%.

I've already tried reinstalling the drivers, with no change. I have FanControl and MSI Afterburner installed, but neither is configured to control GPU fans and it happens even when neither is running (yes I disabled autostart).

How can I fix this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hidro
Journeyman III

Any news on this? I have the exact same problem with a Powercolor 7900 XTX. It's all or nothing, the GPU is not capable to regulate the fans at all.

0 Likes
Sykopro
Adept I

I too have a PowerColor that's all or nothing. Sometimes the game are on and off every few seconds.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

OC tools like Afterburner should not be loaded whenever installing new GPU drivers, and can cause issues like this.

I suggest clean removing all GPU drivers. Do not run the tools mentioned like fan control and afterburner, then reinstalling. Afterward, i would test behavior without those tools running.

The all or nothing might be related to some GPUs do not run fans below a certain temp like 40C/50C. So bios turns fan off when below the temp, then conflicting software cranks fan to 100% once fan is turned back on by bios.

0 Likes