cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

chugzillafx
Adept I

7900 GRE - 24.2.1 driver issues with AFMF

hey all I'm new here and i just got this GPU 7900 GRE Gigabyte gaming OC model today and installed the newest 24.2.1 drivers from the AMD web site and tried out AFMF and the micro stutter rate was over 50% the entire time i had it on and made any game unplayable when i would shut AFMF off back to normal...someone in the discord forum for AMD suggested 24.1.1 and that worked AFMF is buttery smooth and runs great. anyone else use AFMF on 24.2.1?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Mamamiya
Adept I

Yes there was an issue with AFMF in 24.2.1, but I haven't seen any explanation from AMD yet. I'm curious if they have tested this feature before?屏幕截图(198).png

chugzillafx
Adept I

whew good i thought i was going crazy ha-ha and in the discord forum nobody there must come here because i was asking the MODs there and either they are dumb or don't know what's going or care...they have never heard of this issue. so, ty for confirming I'm not crazy!!@!!

and what about the hardware unboxed video saying the GRE will be getting some kind of update to fix its locked OC issues.

0 Likes

Thank you for making this post, so others can also see that there is an issue with 24.2.1. I am glad the 24.1.1 drivers are working for you. The best way to have the driver team see that there is an issue, is to use the bug report tool on Adrenalin. The forum and Discord server are both almost entirely community run and managed, so submitting the report is a better way to get the attention of the individuals that can actually work on it. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

well i passed the info on to the MODS at discord they don't seem to care to be honest with you.

ok ill use that report tool ty again.

i see you use dominator platinum memory as i do but I'm having problems with the murals do you use that effect at all?