cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

inaudicy
Journeyman III

7800XT Stuttering in VR with Rift S

I recently went team red and switched from my 1660 Super, over to a 7800XT. After my switch I hopped into VR and everything was going good at first. About 20 minutes later there was awful stuttering happening. It's hard to explain what exactly I saw but it was almost like seeing double vision. If I moved my head in a circle I would be able to clearly see 2 images of what I was looking at. It goes away after a while, and I also found that taking my headset off for a bit, then putting it back on seems to fix it faster. I don't believe that this is a game issue because it was happening in bonelab, gorilla tag, and even my oculus dash/home screen. I have tried countless things to attempt to resolve this issue including, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers with DDU, uninstalling and reinstalling the meta quest link app, changing power options, closing background apps, setting OVR_Server to high priority, all to no evail. This never happened on my 1660 Super and its hard to find anyone having the same issue. All the people I see talking about it just gave up and started living with it, or switched motherboards. I don't believe it is a motherboard issue because as I stated before this was not happening prior to buying my 7800XT. I already asked Meta support and they pretty much just said that since the 7000 series isn't supported yet so im on my own. If anyone has any tips, or has found a fix please let me know because I love this 7800XT and I really don't want to need to replace it.

0 Likes
0 Replies