cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Pippy1916
Journeyman III

7800xt power connector

Long story short I'm building my first pc and I chose the sapphire 7800xt as my graphics card. I knew it took a 16 pin power connector but I saw most cards that took that connector came with one so I was working under the assumption this card was no different. I was wrong. Now I cannot for the life of me find a power connector that is compatible that doesn't look like a scam. Any ideas on where I can find one that'd work? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

According to this:

https://superuser.com/questions/849265/is-there-a-difference-between-8-pin-eps12v-and-pci-e-connecto... 

There's an EPS 8 pin connector and a PCI-E 8 pin connector.  You ought to have at least one set labelled PCI-E for the graphics card.  If not, I guess I'd ask Corsair about it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Just use two separate 8 pin pcie cables from psu to card, no need for a 16 pin adaptor.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The psu I got was modular (corsair 850rmx) and it had 2 extra 8 pin to 8 pin wires but they physically did not fit into the card. You know how pcie cables have like round and square patterns to prevent incorrect usage? They didn't line up correctly to fit. Pardon my ignorance but would gpu and cpu pcie wires have different configurations of the same 8 to 8 wires and I just had cpu spares and I need gpu ones? 

0 Likes

My cables have PCI or CPU printed on the plug-in, so didn't inspect them. Though one of the 6+2 was troublesome/fiddly to fit. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

According to this:

https://superuser.com/questions/849265/is-there-a-difference-between-8-pin-eps12v-and-pci-e-connecto... 

There's an EPS 8 pin connector and a PCI-E 8 pin connector.  You ought to have at least one set labelled PCI-E for the graphics card.  If not, I guess I'd ask Corsair about it.

0 Likes