cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vpaulino1
Journeyman III

7800 xt crash and grey screen

Ever since I've upgraded my GPU to the amd 7800 xt I have been experiencing this issue. Randomly and sporadically, my pc would crash and the screen would turn grey. It stays frozen with me being unable to do anything else, then i have to power it off and on manually and its fine again. it doesnt ever happen back to back but its annoying when im in the middle of a game or watching something and this happens but its usually during a game. i have the amd drivers installed properly and up to date as well as my bios.

intel i5k cpu

750 w psu

msi tomahawk z690 ddr4 motherboard

2 sticks of 16gb 3200hz ram

240l coolermaster cpu liquid cooler

0 Likes
3 Replies
Mitchel78
Adept I

having the exact same issue with my new powercolor 7800xt, any fix for this ?? every third boot it gaves me grey screen and system freeze, or when i start a game randomly. the xfx 7800xt i had before was not even stable with stock settings, but dont gave me this grey and green screen freezes. it just had this glitches from time to time, grey flashing screen.

I have the exact same issues with my xfx 7800xt. Won't even boot now. Getting annoying now. 

0 Likes

found out 2 things, reduce your memory speed in bios to cpu imc spec and when you on a intel system, look at your mobo bios update changelog, when it says something like "intel microcode update" rollback to the bios version before that.

0 Likes