Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hawkus
Journeyman III

6900XT Frequent Black Screen

Hi,

I have a 6900XT on Radeon 23.4.1 on a B450 Motherboard running the latest bios AGESA 1.2.0.7 and Win 11.

What happens is when my PC powers off the monitor due to inactivity when I go to move the mouse the screen display won't come back on.  The only thing that will fix it is unplug the display port and then plug it back in... then the picture comes right back.  The same thing also happens with Zoom generally when I'm content sharing screen goes blank and I have to unplug and re-plug in the display port to get the picture back.

Clearly its a driver bug... is anyone else having this problem?  Annoying because its been happening pretty much since day dot and I've been hoping a driver update will fix it but it just keeps happening.

0 Likes
5 Replies
digipointer0
Adept III

Ensure that your display settings are set correctly, such as the resolution, refresh rate, and color depth. You can also try lowering the resolution or refresh rate to see if it helps. Also check displayPort cable is securely connected to your GPU and monitor. You can also try a different cable and use different port see if it helps.

0 Likes

I'll try a different cable... I've already tried switching into any of 3 different display ports at the back of the GPU with no difference.  It only started happening in Win 11 though... when I was on Win 10 it never occurred with the same hardware so probably not the cable.  Pretty sure its driver related.

0 Likes

OK then I recommend trying to completely uninstall your current graphics driver using AMD's driver uninstallation utility and then reinstalling the latest version available for your graphics card and operating system.

You can also try disabling any power-saving features for your graphics card in the Windows power management settings and see if that helps resolve the issue. If the issue persists, I suggest reaching out to AMD's customer support team or posting on their support forums for further assistance.

0 Likes
maestro1294
Adept I

I've ran into the same issue with my 6650xt. The display won't come back after idling for a while or recovers from sleep.

In my case it seems that reverting the driver to the previous 22.11 version would fix this issue.

0 Likes
felichella
Adept III

In Windows power options change it to NEVER turn off monitor. Maybe you have it set to turn off display after 20 min.
Is not a good idea to plug and unplug cables with pc running.

0 Likes