cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NodeBrad
Journeyman III

6900XT Constant Driver Timeouts

Hi, my partners 6900XT has been experiencing driver timeouts constantly and some visual artifacting lately pretty much making it unusable.

The card is an ASUS 6900XT Top Edition we've had for about 10 months. Never had an issue with it and it's never been overclocked. For the past couple of weeks it's been crashing either instantly when starting a game like Valheim or within around 30 minutes when playing something like MWII. I've tried all the fixes like removing drivers with DDU and reinstalling them, disabling MPO etc. but nothing has worked.

My system is running an identical ASUS 6900XT Top Edition so I decided to swap the cards around and the exact same issue is happening with her card in my system so it's definitely something wrong with the card itself and not a driver or software issue. Both our systems are running 1000W power supplies so it shouldn't be a power issue either.

Before I take the card in for RMA could there be anything else I could try?

0 Likes
1 Reply
ThreeDee
Paragon

a couple thing to check/do that probably won't help.. but you never know

Check for a possible updated vBIOS

Make sure  you are running separate power cables from the PSU to each power input on the GPU

How are the cards temps? You could try down clocking the card and see if it stabilizes things or not

Do both of you use PCIe riser cables?

Are both of your motherboards BIOS's up to date?

Are both of you running the latest chipset drivers for your setups from either AMD.com or Intel.com? (I don't know your system specs)

Upping the fan curve help at all? Are all the fans spinning on the GPU? 

Did you take some canned air to the card when you had it out? (careful spraying the fans so you don't spin out the bearings on them)

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes