RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz

PSU: Corsair RM Series RM650 650W '80 Plus Gold' Modular

Case: Montech X3 mesh

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 Home N 21H2

GPU Drivers: 22.40.37.01-230305a-389188C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

Chipset Drivers: latest one from adrenaline

Background Applications: CHROME, STEAM

Description of Original Problem:

The problem I am having is that most of the games I try to run crash straight after first intro - game starts - I can flick through menu, change settings etc. - I start new game, usually there is intro and the moment actual game should start all freezes, games is not responding or just crashes to desktop. I tried to google solution and tried many things which I listed below.

Games tested that have this problem - Read Dead Redemption 2, Wolfenstein New Colossus, Far Cry 5.

Diablo 3 runs perfectly fine.

Troubleshooting:

• I have latest Bios version

• I installed latest drivers using Adrenaline

• I uninstalled all drivers using DDUcleanup and installed drivers only (no adrenaline)

• I tried installing previous versions of drivers
  • Windows 10 - all up to date

• I tried to change MHz and V in adrenaline, tried many settings recommended online

• Tried with RAM XMP on & off

With Read Dead Redemption 2 I was getting "ERR_GFX_STATE" and solution to remove sga files actually helped and I was able to run the game, so I was thinking it might be related to Vulkan?

What I also did as I still have my old PC I tried to swap graphic cards between them. My old PC has GTX 970 and I put it in my new PC - everything works fine, I can start all the games that are crashing with Radeon 6800XT. I put 6800XT in my old PC, installed drivers and tried to run Far Cry 5 - it crashes identical as on new PC, which makes me think that actual card might be faulty, as same issues happen on 2 completely different build?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply
aderios
Journeyman III

bump

0 Likes